Hawaii is Different!
If you put an exclamation point at the end of “different” it makes it special.
I’ve got about four more months in Hawaii. I’ve noticed some different ways and different things that are different. Different.
5. Their swimming water doesn’t seem to have any ecoli warnings.
4. Flip-flops are called slippers…I don’t know what they call slippers.
3. I can buy surf boards in convenience stores.
2. Bikinis are acceptable attire for shopping in the ritzy Waikiki area…pick up the pace, Michigan Ave.
1. People in cars will stop for pedestrians at crosswalks. And I’m talkin’ two lanes in both directions. I hope I don’t get too comfortable with that when I get back to Chicago.
One thing stays the same. In the land of Kehaus and Kekais, “Rance” is still a rare name.